No lockdown at Daventry Dental Care4th November 2020
I’d like to take this opportunity to reassure you that here at Daventry Dental Care we will be still operating face to face. Daventry Dental Care remains one of the safest and most highly regulated environments in the current context.
As stipulated by the Prime Minister it is important that people continue to seek and obtain medical treatment, and this includes dental care.
During the lockdown, we will change the way we manage our appointment diary – this is to reduce the number of people in the practice and ensure that social distancing is adhered too.
Attendance at the practice will be by prior appointment only.
We have implemented the following systems:
- One in and one out – there is no waiting area.
- On arrival we will check your temperature, give you some hand sanitiser and a clear bag to hold your belongings.
- You will need to bring your own mask to the appointment and wear this in the practice (we are not able to provide masks for you)
- On arrival you will be able to check yourself in, using the reminder appointment link.
- Remain in your car and wait for us to call your phone to advise we are ready for you. (alternatively you can wait outside the practice, but there is no shelter)
- There will be NO access to bathroom facilities
- You will also be asked to complete a risk assessment and medical history remotely before attending. The link for this will be in your appointment confirmation text (sent 24-48 hours before your appointment)
- You will be asked to pay for your treatment by card.
- We might need to rebook some of the routine examinations and treatment and you might need to see a different dentist than your usual one during this second lockdown.
We appreciate that these guidelines are not ideal; however we need to ensure we are complying with the restrictions of this second lockdown, especially if we want to remain open and safe.
We are unable to treat those showing symptoms of Covid-19, or those that are self-isolating as another member of their household are showing symptoms.
Please be advised, that dentist may wish to have a video consultation with you prior to an appointment, this will enable the dentist to assess your problem in order to plan your treatment before your appointment. If you prefer this method of consultation, please do not hesitate to request this
What are we doing to protect you and ourselves?
- We use enhanced PPE; this includes washable gowns to reduce clinical waste in the practice.
- Enhanced PPE in any procedure which may create “aerosols”.
- Introduction of “fallow time”, which means the surgery sits empty for a period of time to allow “aerosols” to clear.
- A member of staff cleaning the surgery after the “fallow time”.
- We have installed necessary equipment in all our surgeries to reduce “fallow time” and the risk to you and ourselves. Please see the video link http://www.daventrydental.com/air-filtration-system/
We appreciate that our PPE may make us seem impersonal and distant, but please be reassured that we are the same friendly team.
As a team, we are doing everything we possibly can to remain ﬁt, well and able to work so that we can continue to provide our usual high standard of dental care for you. We are incredibly proud of our staff as they have adapted to the new way of working. They all have gone above and beyond and have not faltered their passion for the job and commitment to our patients.
We have had to implement a few changes to how our dental hygienist works; more hand scaling will be used to complete routine appointments.
Rob Cope, our Implantologist, is still seeing patients, and we have introduced a 10% off offer during November and December.
We understand the financial impact that Covid-19 has had on our patients, and as a thank you to all of our Practice members we have frozen our monthly charges for a further 12 months.
We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and trust in Daventry Dental Care.
Our commitment and responsibility towards you is, as always our priority as we face the second lockdown.
We are continuously monitoring the circumstances that surround the coronavirus and are going above and beyond to keep you and our staff safe. We ask that you keep checking our communication emails, website and social media for any updates in the practice.
If you have any questions or enquires please do not hesitate to contact us on 01327 310793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org